STEAM dreams becoming a reality in Atlantic City! Thanks to Chelsea EDC, as well as many generous donors, Our Lady Star of the Sea School proudly debuted a state-of-the-art STEAM lab on the second floor of the school.
A new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) lab benefits elementary and middle school students in several ways, such as:
1. Enhancing students' critical thinking skills - STEAM labs provide opportunities for students to work on real-life problems and come up with viable solutions through critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
2. Promoting creativity and innovation - STEAM labs allow students to explore their creativity by designing and building prototypes, experimenting, and trying out new ideas.
3. Developing teamwork and collaboration skills - STEAM labs provide students with opportunities to work in groups, communicate, exchange ideas, and collaborate towards a common goal.
4. Preparing students for future careers - STEAM labs expose students to various STEAM fields, providing them with early exposure to future career paths that they may be interested in pursuing.
5. Improving technological literacy skills - STEAM labs help to improve students' computer, information, and technological literacy skills, which are essential in today's digital world.
Overall, a new STEAM lab provides an enabling environment that promotes learning, creativity, and innovation to prepare elementary and middle school students for success in the future. Our Lady Star of the Sea School students will surely be one foot ahead of their peers, thanks to the resources and access they will have in our STEAM offerings. We are also proud to offer after-school STEAM classes in both the elementary and middle school grades.