We are excited for our full Fall Reopen! 7-23 Update
July 23, 2020
I hope you are staying cool and safe in this heat wave. Below are additional updates and reminders that I want to share with you this week. We want to keep you well informed as there is a lot to do and our staff is working on meeting all our school’s needs for the start of school.
1. September Start – We are planning for a 5-day start in school for September for all students. Safety is our top priority. Teachers, Ms. Lovallo and Ms. Worth have been working on developing safety and logistical procedures to include: entering the school, bathroom breaks, desk spacing, lunch, dismissal, before and aftercare and more.
2. Technology – We have requested additional laptops through the use of the part of our CARES Act funding and we have also ordered 44 Chromebooks through a Sub-grant through Atlantic Prevention Services. We are also going to be upgrading the school’s server so that it can handle all of our new devices. We will be utilizing our E-Rate Funding which is Federal funding to help assist with the upgrade.
3. Air Conditioning Units – 20 10,000 BTU units have been purchased and will be delivered within the two weeks and will be installed in the rooms. This will assist with cooling the building and air flow.
4. Cleaning of School – We have placed a request to utilize a portion of our CARES Act Funding to have the school and gym sprayed down and sanitized every thirty days. We have also ordered cleaning supplies, hand sanitizing dispensers, toilet seat covers, sneeze guards for all students and staff, and we have ordered PPE. The building will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to school opening and increased cleaning procedures will be put in place.
5. School improvements this summer – Portions of the school are being painted over the summer and the building will be prepared for social distancing. Security cameras have been installed and roof repairs were made.
6. Financial Aid – Financial Aid awards will only go to those families who have registered. If you have not registered, but plan on your child attending OLSS, you may not receive tuition assistance. Please come to school M-F 8:30 am – 1 pm to register your child. Financial Aid applications must be completed now for the new school year. If you have not done so, and will need tuition assistance, apply today. We want to be sure to help all our current families.
7. Tuition –Tuition payments will begin on 8/15 for the 2020-2021 school year and run for 10 months.
8. Reminder -Free Summer Tutoring - The Stockton Center for Community Engagement is offering tutoring and enrichment classes for our students this summer. This will be done virtually and will be bi-lingual to meet the needs of all students. Please let Ms. Mary know if you are interested in this support for your child as soon as possible. There are only 25 spots available. I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity, if needed.
I will share more information on new programs for the fall and our restart plan as they develop. Please share our school with your friends and family members! We can offer socially distant tours throughout the summer. We need your help in growing and sustaining OLSS!
Stay safe and thank you for choosing Our Lady Star of the Sea for your child.
Ms. Carol Spina, Principal
24 views0 comments