Ms. Spina's School Re-Open Update Letter- 7/7/20
July 7, 2020
Good Morning OLSS Families,
I hope you are well and enjoying the summer together. Below are a few updates and reminders that I want to share with you this week. We want to keep you well informed as there is a lot to do, and our staff is working on meeting all our school’s needs for the start of school.
1. September Start - We are moving forward with planning for the reopening of OLSS in September. Safety is our top priority. I have asked a few teachers to develop safety and logistical procedures for the new school year including entering the school, bathroom breaks, desk spacing, lunch, dismissal, before and aftercare and more. Cleaning procedures, building modifications, technology needs, classroom safety supplies are all being addressed as well. More details will be shared in the coming weeks as plans are finalized.
2. New Pastor - This month, we welcome Fr. Kevin Mohan as the new pastor for The Parish of St. Monica and school. I am sure he will want to get to know all our OLSS families as we move forward towards the new school year. We thank Fr. Jon for his support of our school over the past five years and wish him well in his next assignment at Christ the King Parish, Haddonfield.
3. Free Summer Tutoring - The Stockton Center for Community Engagement is offering tutoring and enrichment classes for our students this summer. This will be done virtually and will be bi-lingual to meet the needs of all students. Please let Ms. Mary know if you are interested in this support for your child as soon as possible. There are only 25 spots available. I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity, if needed.
4. Report Cards - All families who did not pick up their child’s report card must come to school the week of July 7/13/20. Ms. Mary will arrange for a safe pick up. Please call the office with any questions.
5. Tuition - FACTS tuition payments will begin on 8/15 for the 2020-2021 school year and run for 10 months.
6. Registration - If you did not re-register your child for fall, please do so the week of 7/13/20. This is particularly important!
7. Financial Aid - Financial Aid applications must be completed now for the new school year. If you have not done so, and will need tuition assistance, apply today. We want to be sure to help all our current families.
8. Support for our school - Donations continue to come to our school to support families with tuition assistance. To date, over $3,000 was donated to the Sister Shamus Virtual Walk and over $185,000 was received in the 2019-2020 school year in donations and grants from families, friends, and community members. We are grateful to all who continue to believe in our mission!
I will share more information on new programs for the fall and our restart plan as they develop. Please share our school with your friends and family members! We can offer socially distant tours throughout the summer. We need your help in growing and sustaining OLSS!
Stay safe and thank you for choosing Our Lady Star of the Sea for your child.
Ms. Carol Spina, Principal
30 views0 comments